A sister in my ward gave me a sourdough start about six months ago. It came from a lady in Nounan which is a valley (gorgeous place) within Bear Lake Valley. The start is supposed to be over 100 years old. My dad had a sourdough start when I was a child but I just remember not liking the smell. Now I love the smell and the taste of sourdough. I have been making homemade bread since I was in middle school and so I decided to try making food with sourdough. It has been really fun.
My favorite: sourdough huckleberry pancakes
San Francisco sourdough crust
Onion Garlic Bread
This is a really interesting article on the health benefits of sourdough. This is the wikipedia entry. Delicious.
3 comments:
You are amazing and all of that food looks so delicious. I love your photos of your flowers as well. Nicely manicured yards do it for me too.
Did you find Bread Alone? I got a copy for my birthday. Your such an inspiration. Julie
I looked for it and our library doesn't carry it. I want to look at yours when we go up there.
Post a Comment