We are having the first ever Relay for Life of Bear Lake this summer! Relay For Life is the signature fundraising event for the American Cancer Society. It is the 25 year anniversary of Relay for Life and so our theme is "25 years.. just the beginning" since it is our community's first year to be involved. Besides a fundraiser it is an amazing way to remember those we have lost, celebrate those who have battled cancer and fight back against cancer and make a difference. That is the motto of Relay for Life, "Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back".
I am on the Relay committee and I am working with some amazing women. Some of them are cancer survivors and some of them are caregivers but all of them have had family members or friends affected by cancer. I have learned so much and I am thankful to be engaged in something that will be uplifting and good for our community.
Our event is going to be on July 24th @ 6:00 pm and it will go until 8:00 am on the 25th. We are having our Kick off on February 5th at Bear Lake Middle School.
2 comments:
Good for you, Jana. Relay for life is a great program. Besides raising funds to fight cancer, it brings people together in a common cause. The way it is set up, people actually associate with one another in the process. Yeah, I know, it's kinda hard for some of us. We've been involved here for the last couple of years. Now it's something to look forward to. And, blowing Bridger Valleys horn a little, we raise way more money here than they do in Evanston. I think, about $75,000 last year. I think.
Dad
I'm so proud of you for starting this in Bear Lake. You are remarkable.
Post a Comment