This Christmas season was relaxing and calm and I didn't want it to end. Jared had vacation from Christmas to New Year's and since Pine Creek wasn't open yet (we're crossing our fingers for this weekend) we just relaxed and played.
We made a trip to Lyman to see Grandpa and Grandma and Great-grandma. The movie is my first amateur effort- thanks for the new laptop, Jared!
Ellie loves all things "horses" and unbeknownst to her mom she had been shaking her Christmas Eve present (always new pajamas and an ornament) daily for the three weeks before Christmas. We were surprised when two of the hooves immediately fell off until a big brother gave the probable explanation.
Everything didn't get done (Christmas cards, buttermints) but it was okay and it was nice to be relaxed about it. We concentrated on what Christmas is really about and it recharged my batteries. Now I can face this Bear Lake winter! I kind of like this -15 degree stuff, it makes me feel like a pioneer when I leave my warm house, pull my minivan out of our garage and go 4 blocks to the grocery store...
1 comment:
I'm glad Christmas was nice and relaxing! You are a pioneer woman to brave those temperatures! We don't have any snow on the ground here, but it is chilly.
Speaking of Christmas cards, you'll be getting mine by the end of this week--tee-hee! Just a little late!
Let's try and get together again this year!
xoxo
Post a Comment