I am trying to blog at least once a month (yes, I know it's been two)- so here's a dose of Sharp family excitement!?!?
I was going to write a post inspired by Julie's "lip smack" comment and now I can't find the picture to go with the post on my laptop and so Jared is going to have help me find it this weekend.
It is finally summer and I went on my first horse ride of the year. We live in such a beautiful place. Jared, Cassie and I took Strawberry, Ginger and Bullseye up to the top of Montpelier Creek and up and over to Elk Meadows. It takes us about 20 minutes to get to about 100 really beautiful rides. It is one of the funnest, most relaxing things we do. There is just something about being in nature and feeling really alone and not having anything ringing or sending notifications or checking inboxes or hearing anyone say "Mommmm". Just hearing the wind and the birds and our conversation. Jared summed it up best when he said, "Doesn't this just feed your soul?" Yes sweetheart, it does.
Just three more weeks until Relay for Life! This has been one of the hardest things I have done and one of the things that has really made me look at what I believe to the core. The committee that I work with are some of the most excellent people that I have ever been around. It has been an honor to work with them and to get to know them better. I am excited for Relay and I am excited for it to be over! (:
Our garden got a rough start. We got it planted and then the rain moved in and didn't leave for a whole month! It is looking better and I am getting excited to start canning, drying, freezing and filling my storage room shelves. That feeds my soul AND my tummy! We got some apricot starts and we are going to baby them like crazy. They are from an apricot tree that actually produces fruit here in Bear Lake. So our little starts have one tough pedigree! We got a whole bunch of raspberry plants started and our apple trees look so nice this year. We are working on our own Garden of Eatin'- I wish I could say that I came up with it but I didn't. I think there is a house by the highway on the way to IF that has that across their gate. I like it... a lot.
Here is a fun blog that my niece Caitlin shared on facebook. I love to see the creativity and the wonderful things that people come up with. We are making a fireworks run to Border. Happy Independence Day! I hope that you are having a summer that is soul satisfyingly good!
1 comment:
What a busy and productive lady you are! And I'm glad to know your lips are well glossed and protected for all of your many trips and projects.
Will we ever meet this summer?
love ya
Post a Comment