May 4, 2009

I am thankful...

It's been a while. There is nothing exciting to report. The Sharp's are just doin' our thing and gettin' along, so I decided to post some things that I am thankful for. These are for my benefit and not too exciting so if you have something better to do, go do it.

I am thankful for parents that kept a promise and stayed married. I am thankful to be a mother to these six unique and spectacular people that Jared and I are trying hard to raise well... this is my daily prayer.... please don't let us mess them up too badly or something close to that! I am thankful for Bear Lake springs and summers. I am thankful for edamame and Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy yogurt. I am thankful for my running shoes. I am thankful for Sundays and the help from heaven that I get each Sunday to sit with the kids by myself during sacrament meeting. Two of those heavenly helpers are named Cassie and Treven and I don't know the names of the others that have been there to help me be more patient and organized-but I want to meet them and tell them thank you one day.

I am thankful that we decided to have Emmie. She has been a total blessing and joy. I am thankful for a husband who cares more about doing what is right than he does about convenience or a four-wheeler (we'll get one of those one of these days love). I am thankful for turning the music up loud and dancing with my kids in the kitchen. I am thankful for an eternal perspective that helps me not make decisons based on the moment (most of the time- darn those Milky Way mint dark chocolate bars). I am thankful for Sara- she cuts my hair.

I am thankful for a husband and my Heavenly Father who are patient with me when I make mistakes and support me through that painful learning process. I am thankful for 70's country music-the soundtrack of my childhood. Wichita Lineman anyone? I am thankful for the smell of barns- that mixture of manure, horses and diesel. I am thankful for Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with pomegranate oil. I am thankful for my Grandma. I am thankful for meadowlarks. I am thankful for North Beach. I am thankful for my big wool socks that Julie knitted for me. I am thankful for baby giggles and dog kisses. Most of all I am thankful for my testimony of my Savior and what He did for me. I am thankful for the peace and stillness that this gives me.

4 comments:

Cami Eyre said...

You're an inspiration! Thanks for sharing some things you're thankful for....it makes me stop and think of how much I have to be grateful for! Life is GREAT isn't it?

Jensen Family said...

janalee you are awesome. i should do the same. it seems that once you start thinking of all our blessings, you realize that heaven is so good to us.
oh-we have 2 4-wheelers for sale...if jared wants to take one off our hands!
have a great day.

Eyre family said...

Thanks for that post Jana! I think you are amazing and I had to smile (almost giggle)at some of those things, they would be on my list as well... Pomegranate Burt's Bees, Yes! Life is good!!
Dannielle

Julie said...

My bag is starting to resemble yours in the amount of lip smack that is in there. Love Burt's lip stuff and knitted things and barn smell etc. You are dreamy.