Trev, Bridger, Sid, Piper, Ellie, Lily, Emmie (in the Snugli) and myself went on the Fossil Lake trail which is a 1.5 mile loop at Fossil Butte Monument. I thought that we would go as long as the kids could and then turn around. The big kids went ahead and Lily and I hiked behind. Here is some of the conversation we had after stopping and looking at some sego lilies and seeing some deer droppings near by.
Lily: do you eat deer poop mom?
Jana: no
Lily: why not?
Jana: because it would be bad for us- it has bad germs and could make us sick and I don't think it tastes good- so don't eat it.
Lily: I might.
It was a pretty big hike for a 3 year old and she wasn't very happy that we didn't turn around. When something is happening that she doesn't like then it is "not my favorite". She was proud of herself when we got to the top and then again after it was all done. "I'm a good hiker, mom." The picture of her is during one of her "not my favorite" moments.
3 comments:
We had such a lovely time. Looking at the pictures makes me miss you all more than I thought. Thanks so much, we had a great time visiting you all. The Carroll's
Hey I love your blog! You have a beautiful family! It's fun to read about your life. It's going by way too fast don't you think? Congratulations on your new baby!
Kellee
Lily's comment is too funny! Sorry I snuck in on your family ~
:)
Post a Comment