We are on our way to Lyman this weekend to help brand Dad's cows, unless I have a baby first. I was looking at some pictures from last year when we brought the cows down from summer pasture on the Ponderosa. I didn't appreciate it when I was growing up but working with my dad and being outside and the smells and sounds of ranch work I really enjoy. I am thankful that my children will be able to be exposed to that and hopefully appreciate that way of life and their heritage. I believe there is something very valuable in knowing where your food comes from and working closely as a family in that environment on the the land. All of my brothers and their families will be there and that is a guaranteed good time. I'll post pictures of the fun when we get back.
May 9, 2008
Branding
We are on our way to Lyman this weekend to help brand Dad's cows, unless I have a baby first. I was looking at some pictures from last year when we brought the cows down from summer pasture on the Ponderosa. I didn't appreciate it when I was growing up but working with my dad and being outside and the smells and sounds of ranch work I really enjoy. I am thankful that my children will be able to be exposed to that and hopefully appreciate that way of life and their heritage. I believe there is something very valuable in knowing where your food comes from and working closely as a family in that environment on the the land. All of my brothers and their families will be there and that is a guaranteed good time. I'll post pictures of the fun when we get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like fun! I keep hoping to hear some baby news. Hope your feeling as well as you can at this point, and I hope you don't give birth out on the range, or maybe I do--that would be exciting! More real life lessons for the kids!
Great pictures. Will be excited to see branding pictures and baby pictures. Love, Julie
Post a Comment